Friday, April 11, 2008

Pod-Casting and MTV

Did you know it was an MTV DJ that created the term podcast? (Do kids still watch MTV?) I'm didn't know the first part but Encarta and Merriam-Webster Online both list "pod cast" as The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above! Makes you realize how far apart a traditional tool (even an online one) can be from a current technology tool.

Phew, I finally followed the directions on links, I'm sooo proud of myself (and mystified why I didn't do it sooner!). A couple of hours at the kitchen counter shuffling through is all it took!

I have some favorite podcasts I listen to in iTunes... sometimes I share with my class while they're working. Students today multi-task so easily. I don't like the idea of simply podcasting to do podcasting. Sometimes that happens, however I like to use podcasting for things that happen just once. Could be reading the school announcements as podcasts... Use copyright free music and you're good to go with this one. Students love to use podcasts to "announce" things.. their voices are amazing -- the less rehearsed the better... More than the How-to Podcast, I like the Why to podcast? information in this pod cast.

My favorite to date! Okay, we could all use a laugh on a Friday!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are looking for "why to podcast' Check out my episode with Author Scott Sigler who has used Podcasting to boost word of mouth, which resulted in hi having the #2 book at Amazon.com (some book about Harry Potter was #1).

You can listen at
http://media.libsyn.com/media/schoolofpodcasting/SOP133_041408.mp3

Dave Jackson
School of Podcasting
www.schoolofpodcasting.com