Friday, April 11, 2008

Breakdown & Repackaging - A Lesson Plan



Increased Connectedness.

I'm going in a new direction, sharing, increasing my connectedness. I've taken a snapshot of a lesson plan that I have used in 8th grade and am now using in 5th grade. In 4 years, maybe I can do it with the 1st graders? I want to share it, so you can share it. Pay it forward as they say. I guess you can call that a breakdown and repackage?

This was done for a Windows Environment. In 2003, Governor Benson gave us machines, which are Macs so the directions are a bit different.

Lately I've been asking my students to write\edit direction sheets down when they are learning a new tool\application. It helps them put it in simplest form and when they share it with their teachers and peers, the reward is tremendous. I'm going to let them try Jing a product that works with both platforms.

1 comment:

Passionateteach said...

Patti - This lesson looks really fun.. I think I will try it with my 6th graders.. Painting and drawing is coming the week after next! :) Who doesn't love using a room full of cameras with 6th graders! Ahhh technology.. Fun fun.. Thanks for sharing.. I will find something to share with you.. what would you like? WP, P&D, HTML, Spreadsheets, Databases, hmmm.. I am going to check out that tool you are using too! All in my spare time.. hopefully Monday.